Month: May 2011

Ryan Gold Appoints Shawn Ryan as President

Ryan Gold Corp. is pleased to announce that the Company has received final approval from the TSX Venture Exchange with respect to the purchase, royalty and employment agreements (the “Agreements”) signed with Shawn Ryan. As detailed in the Company’s press release dated April 26, 2011, Ryan Gold will purchase 50 properties, comprising 6,558 Quartz Claims (the “Properties”) located in the Yukon Territory, through the acquisition of Mr. Ryan’s 70% interest in the Properties and the acquisition of all of the issued shares of 45127 Yukon Inc. (“Claims Co”), which owns the remaining 30% interest in the Properties. Mr. Ryan owns all of the shares of Claims Co. The Company has issued 7.5 million shares of Ryan Gold and made the first cash payment of $2.5 million to Mr. Ryan

VVC Exploration-Management & Board of Director Changes

VVC EXPLORATION CORPORATION announces that effective May 8, 2011, Mr. Daniel Grenier has stepped down as President, CEO and director of the Company to pursue other ventures. Mr. Grenier will remain as a Consultant to the Company to ensure proper continuity of its business activities. The Company wishes to thank him for his tireless and dedicated service to the Company over the years and wishes him well in his future endeavours.

Aurcana reports record 2010 results

Aurcana Corporation (“Aurcana” or the “Company”) is pleased to report its audited financial results for December 31, 2010. The summary of the selected financial information should be read in conjunction with the audited financial statements and the related management’s discussion and analysis dated April 30, 2010 together referred to as the “Financial Statements”, which have been filed on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) and the Company’s website (http://www.aurcana.com)

Bank of Mexico buys 100 tons of Gold

Mexico’s central bank purchased almost 100 metric tons of gold in February and March, another signal that emerging markets are likely to steadily raise their gold reserve holdings, industry participants say.

Gold Stocks Fell Today (AUY, NG, AEM, GG)

NEW YORK, NY – Yamana Gold Inc. (USA) (NYSE:AUY) lost 3.17% to $11.91. The stock has a 52-week range of $9.16-$13.43.

The stock has average daily volume of 4.78 million shares. At today`s closing market price, the market capitalization of the company stands at $8.84 billion.

NovaGold Resources Inc. (USA) (AMEX:NG) fell 8.83% to $10.84. The stock opened at $11.70 and was trading within the range of $10.77-$11.79.

Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (USA) (NYSE:AEM) dropped 2.43% to $62.95. The stock has a 52-week range of $54.12-$88.20.

The stock has average daily volume of 1.21 million shares. At today`s closing market price, the market capitalization of the company stands at $10.63 billion.

Goldcorp Inc. (USA) (NYSE:GG) went down 4.06% to $48.72.

Endeavour Silver Reports $14.5 Million Adjusted Earnings in Q1, 2011 Thanks to Record Silver-Gold Production and Precious Metal Prices

Vancouver, Canada – May 5, 2011 – Endeavour Silver Corp. (TSX: EDR, NYSE: EXK, Frankfurt: EJD) announced today its financial and operating results and unaudited financial statements for the First Quarter, 2011. Endeavour owns and operates two high-grade, underground, silver-gold mines in Mexico, the Guanacevi Mines in Durango State and the Guanajuato Mines in Guanajuato State.

New Gold Announces 2011 First Quarter Gold Production of 107,622 Ounces at Record Low Cash Cost of $352 Per Ounce

VANCOUVER, May 4 /PRNewswire/ – New Gold Inc. (“New Gold”) (TSX: NGD)(NYSE AMEX: NGD) today announces financial and operational results for the first quarter of 2011, where the company combined increased gold production with the lowest total quarterly cash cost(1) in New Gold’s history. The company finished the first quarter with gold sales of 104,211 ounces at a total cash cost(1) per ounce sold, net of by-product sales, of $352 per ounce. The combination of growing gold production, significantly lower total cash cost(1) and continued strength in commodity prices resulted in solid financial results. During the quarter, earnings from mine operations increased by 119% to $80 million, net earnings increased by 85% to $25 million, or $0.06 per share, and cash flow from operations increased by 120% to $51 million.

ALS is a global leader in providing laboratory testing, inspection, certification and verification solutions. Assuring our community by providing high quality, innovative, professional testing services to help our clients make informed decisions.

All News

Our expertise in mining places us at the forefront of the industry. We are readily available with an international service.