BEDFORD, NS, April 4, 2013 /CNW/ – NSX Silver Inc. (TSXV: NSY) is pleased to announce assay results from its recently completed Phase 2 drilling program at its Dios Padre Silver Project located in Sonora State, Mexico. These results are from holes DP-17-2013 through DP-32-2013 which were drilled in and beneath the area of historic mining; both in the area of old pit and adjacent to the underground mine workings. Seventeen (17) drill holes were completed during the first quarter of 2013 for a total of 3,220 meters.
Significant drill intercepts encountered, included the following;
- 26.6 meters in DP-21-2013 grading 107.4 grams per tonne silver, which occurs from surface to 26.6 meters. This hole intersected the old workings at 26.6 meters and was terminated.
- 18.9 meters in DP- 21A – 2013 grading 234.6 grams per tonne silver and 0.179 grams per tonne gold over 12.4 meters within that interval. In addition, gold mineralization was encountered over a 45.4 meter intercept with an average grade of 0.51 grams of gold per tonne, which envelopes a smaller low grade silver intercept of 19.5 meters grading 16.1 grams of silver and 0.406 grams of gold per tonne.
- 41 meters in hole DP-26-2013 grading 288.2 grams per tonne silver and 0.246 grams gold per tonne over a 25 meter interval. Within this section an interval of 2.5 meters grading 1.490 kilograms of silver per tonne and 0.351 grams per tonne gold was encountered from 101.8 to 104.3 meters.
- 8.6 meters in hole DP- 29-2013 grading 443 grams per tonne silver and 0.175 grams of gold per tonne
- 12 meters in hole DP-30-2013 grading 208.2 grams per tonne silver which includes a section of 6 meters grading 312.6 grams of silver per tonne.
A table of significant drill intercepts from the Phase 2 (2013) drilling program is attached as Appendix A.
Drilling during the Phase 2 Program encountered multiple thick zones of silver mineralization ranging up to 41 meters in thickness. Also of significant interest is the occurrence of low grade gold mineralization with silver mineralization in a number of the drill holes. Gold occurs in separate zones often accompanied by low silver values. Gold does not appear to have a spatial relationship with high grade silver mineralization, suggesting multiple mineralizing events. These gold zones were also indicated by historic drilling and warrant further study.
NSX Silver technical personnel are reviewing and analyzing all data generated from this program together with data generated from the Phase 1 program and from the historic exploration programs with a view to updating the comprehensive geological model to assist in the project evaluation.
Sample Protocol and QA/QC
Drill core from all the drill holes was sawn in half, logged, sampled, catalogued and stored for future reference. One-half of the core was sent to ALS Chemex in Hermosillo for assay preparation, with ICP 61 analysis of the prepared samples conducted by ALS Chemex in Vancouver, Canada.
John E. Hiner, Licensed Geologist and Registered Member of SME, a qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, recently visited the property and has reviewed and approved the information provided in this news release.
About NSX Silver
NSX Silver Inc. is a mineral exploration company actively exploring for silver and associated metals in Mexico. NSX Silver’s principal property is the Dios Padre Project located in Sonora State, Mexico which is held under option agreement. Additionally the Company holds approximately 6,000 additional hectares of prospective ground in the vicinity of the Dios Padre Project. NSX Silver’s shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol NSY.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Table of Significant Drill Results
Dios Padre Silver Project – Phase 2 (2013) Drill Program
|Drill Hole Number||From |
|DP – 18 – 2013||193.70||201.70||8.00||71.63||—|
|DP – 19 – 2013||149.25||151.50||2.25||148.91||0.358|
|DP – 20 – 2013||125.70||131.70||6.00||90.15||0.217|
|DP – 21 – 2013||0.00||26.60||26.60||107.36||—|
|DP – 21A – 2013||27.20||46.10||18.90||234.57||0.179|
|gold silver zone||56.60||76.10||19.50||16.12||0.406|
|DP – 22 – 2013||126.45||139.10||12.65||250.42||—|
|DP – 23 – 2013||28.40||32.40||4.00||49.25||—|
|DP – 26 – 2013||91.30||132.30||41.00||288.19||0.164|
|DP – 29 – 2013||0.00||20.90||20.90||207.69||0.184|
|DP – 30 – 2013||203.60||215.60||12.00||208.21||—|
|DP – 32 – 2013||87.70||91.70||4.00||229.90||0.104|
* True widths will vary with the drill hole angle but are generally 50 to 70% of the reported interval
SOURCE: NSX Silver Inc.For further information:
Glenn A. Holmes
Chief Financial Officer, NSX Silver Inc.