- Bonanza grade intercept in CDH-077 extending the El Refugio high-grade gold-silver ‘clavo’ 160m further down dip:
- 8.26m @ 80.3 g/t gold, 705 g/t silver from 468.34m (CDH-077), including
- 6.26m @ 106 g/t gold, 913 g/t silver from 468.34m, including
- 0.77m @ 837 g/t gold, 6,680 g/t silver from 471.63m
- Abundant coarse gold with silver sulphide mineralisation observed in drill core
- Continued development of the El Refugio ‘clavo’ with further high-grade intercepted:
- 2.70m @ 13.8 g/t gold, 82.9 g/t silver from 300.3m (CDH-075), plus 4.25m @ 10.9 g/t gold, 364 g/t silver from 307.05m, including 2.65m @ 16.3 g/t gold, 414 g/t silver from 315.0m, plus
- 2.00m @ 1.02 g/t gold, 17.5 g/t silver from 315.0m, plus
- 4.50m @ 0.84 g/t gold, 34.8 g/t silver from 358.5m
- 2.40m @ 0.93 g/t gold, 15.6 g/t silver from 342m (CDH-076), plus
- 5.00m @ 2.06 g/t gold, 95.4 g/t silver from 373m, plus
- 1.00m @ 0.86 g/t gold, 39 g/t silver from 383m
- Further deep holes scheduled to continue expanding the El Refugio gold-silver deposit
- Location of the bonanza intercept is favourably located for easy access with an exploration drift
Mithril Resources Ltd (ASX: MTH) (Mithril or the Company) is pleased to release further exploration and drilling results at its Copalquin Gold Silver District, Mexico.
Mithril CEO and Managing Director, John Skeet, commented:
“The extremely high-grade intercept in our deepest drill hole CDH-077 has extended the high-grade ‘clavo’ at El Refugio a further 160m down dip. In this exceptional CDH-077 intercept we have observed mineralisation including abundant coarse gold and silver sulphides, consistent with having intercepted the ‘bonanza zone’ as predicted by the geologic model. Additionally, hole CDH-075 has intercepted very-high grades with abundant coarse gold and silver sulphides down dip of the extremely high-grade CDH-050 intercept reported in March 2021. Drilling at El Refugio has continued to consistently deliver excellent results establishing El Refugio as a significant deposit for gold and silver in the Copalquin district.”
Assay results for three drill holes have been received, continuing to expand the El Refugio structure down dip with high-grade and bonanza grade gold-silver intercepts. Hole CDH-077 was designed to test the depth extents of the high- grade clavo and, in particular to test the zone predicted by the geologic model to be a bonanza zone at El Refugio. Drill hole CDH-077 successfully intercepted extremely high-grade gold and silver within a broad intercept of 8.26 metres at 80.3 g/t gold and 705 g/t silver from 468.34 metres down hole.
Preliminary Concept for Mine Access – El Refugio
Deep high-grade intercepts such as in holes CDH-061, CDH-071 and CDH-077 bring mineralisation closer to potential access from a site with favourable logistics, taking advantage of the local topography. The CDH-077 ‘bonanza zone’ can be reached by an exploration drift (adit) of approximately 750 metres long. Such a drift would allow access for the close-spaced sampling that will be necessary to bring the bonanza grade zone into higher confidence resource categories.
ABOUT THE COPALQUIN GOLD SILVER PROJECT
The Copalquin mining district is located in Durango State, Mexico and covers an entire mining district of 70km2 containing several dozen historic gold and silver mines and workings, ten of which had notable production. The district is within the Sierra Madre Gold Silver Trend which extends north-south along the western side of Mexico and hosts many world class gold and silver deposits.
Multiple mineralisation events, young intrusives thought to be system-driving heat sources, widespread alteration together with extensive surface vein exposures and dozens of historic mine workings, identify the Copalquin mining district as a major epithermal centre for Gold and Silver.
Mithril Resources is earning 100% interest in the Copalquin District mining concessions via a purchase option agreement detailed in ASX announcement dated 25 November 2019.
Released with the authority of the Board.
For further information contact:
Managing Director and CEO
+61 435 766 809
+61 416 068 733
Competent Persons Statement
The information in this report that relates to sampling techniques and data, exploration results and geological interpretation has been compiled by Mr Hall Stewart who is Mithril’s Chief Geologist. Mr Stewart is a certified professional geologist of the American Institute of Professional Geologists. This is a Recognised Professional Organisation (RPO) under the Joint Ore Reserves Committee (JORC) Code.
Mr Stewart has sufficient experience of relevance to the styles of mineralisation and the types of deposits under consideration, and to the activities undertaken, to qualify as a Competent Person as defined in the 2012 Edition of the Joint Ore Reserves Committee (JORC) Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves. Mr Stewart consents to the inclusion in this report of the matters based on information in the form and context in which it appears. The Australian Securities Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or adequacy of this release.
Original Article: https://investi.com.au/api/announcements/mth/19e6e9e8-ed1.pdf